what i’ve been up to.
the past few days have been spent in the sand and sunshine, sweating my way through a yoga class or surf lesson or hanging out with a crew of an amazing friends. many times all three things at once.
wanderlust oahu was crazy awesome.
first of all, lululemon generously sent a bunch of yoga instructors from los angeles to the festival just to practice and connect. no strings attached. how rad is that? on top of that, these instructors are people i truly admire and it was so inspiring to connect, sweat, have cocktails and get real. major bonding.
some of my favorite moments:
- eoin finn’s super flow class under the hawaiian sunshine karate kicking and yelling and high-fiving each other’s feet (yes, really) and even crying. i haven’t felt that free in a yoga class in awhile.
- coconut macadamia shrimp at a hole-in-the-wall joint near the hotel.
- falling asleep to the sound of the ocean right under my window.
- being roomies with my very first yoga inspiration and mentor kyra anastasia.
- almond milk chai pre-practice.
- quiet mornings reading my book in bed.
- dancing my ass off every single night.
- gorgeous/inspiring/vulnerable heart-t0-hearts with my girl jacki carr.
a few realizations:
- i feel really comfortable in my own skin. even with hot lil’ yoga girls walking around in shorty shorts and six-pack abs, i truly love myself and what i’m capable of. it feels good…
- how much i appreciate genuine connection. connecting with jacki and kyra so intimately was just what i needed, as well as having very real conversations with my fellow yogis. manna for the soul.
- i am falling madly in love with my yoga practice again.
- i am getting married in ONE MONTH. holy shit. so excited.
the downside: as is par for the course, i came back with a pinched nerve in my neck (to the point i cannot move) and a head cold. ha! always the case. i am not so good at overdoing it, even when it’s yoga!