inspire: mary catherine starr.
what’s the best part of your day?
i have two (i can never pick just one of anything!):
1. first thing in the morning: i wake up, make a cup of tea, and then sit down to write my blog post. i LOVE the quiet + having the whole day ahead of me.
2. at the very end of the day: i crawl into bed with my husband and a good book (usually no later than 10pm!). we snuggle and chat for a few, and then read until we’re both too tired to keep the light on. it’s perfect. ahhhhhhhhhh.
what inspires you?
interesting + unique art, good music, early mornings, free time, beautiful photographs, pigeon pose, desserts, and sunshine.
your favorite trip.
either my bachelorette trip with all my bffs-in-the-whole-wide-world OR my recent “mini-moon” with my husband, ben, after our wedding in october. we literally did nothing but sleep and talk, and it was one of the best trips of my life.
what’s your ideal sunday?
sleep in until 9, wake up slowly, sip tea on the couch while reading the “fun” parts of the paper next to ben, who reads the “boring” parts. take a yoga class, spend the afternoon painting or writing, and go on a long walk before dinner. eat a delicious homemade meal and then watch an HBO show on the couch in the evening. go to bed at 9:30 and read. ps. if you can’t tell, i’m kind of a homebody
your favorite words of wisdom.
“wherever you go, there you are.” -jon kabat-zinn
when do you feel most “you?”
1. when i’m painting (alone)
2. when i’m laughing (with loved ones)
3. while in legs-up-the-wall at the end of a delicious yoga practice
4. while riding in the car with the windows down, singing at the top of my lungs to an amazing song
what fulfills you?
loving, sharing, creating, teaching. laughing. in that order (i think).
your favorite outfit.
my big, comfy purple sweatpants (ben hates them!), ll bean slippers, and ben’s patagonia fleece pullover. i basically live in this outfit when i’m not wearing yoga clothes (tough life, i know).
what’s on your ipod?
it’s always changing, but today? abigail washburn, passion pit, taylor swift, regina spektor. i like a little bit of everything.
five things you love.
3. friends + family
4. a good book (on my kindle)
5. almost every HBO show ever made. not picky.
how you feel in one word today.