inspire: jennifer pastiloff.
jennifer and i met a few years ago when i’d first moved to venice. i was newly working for lululemon santa monica, and felt like a fish out of water. jen instantly put me at ease. as we sat outside a cafe, she told me her vision for her future, for her career, her love life, and fast forward to now – and she’s got it. and after reading her blog for a year, i feel like i know her pretty damn well and am inspired by her daily.
jen isn’t just about making her dreams happen. she’s made it her mission to inspire others to live out their dreams, and, in fact, created manifestation yoga to do just that. create your dream life!
what’s the best part of your day?
it’s a tie between that breakthrough moment in my class when i get a chill up my spine and i know it is not only my AHA moment but the whole class’ as well and the moment when i walk in and there is a candle a a glass of wine waiting for me from my husband robert.
what inspires you?
poetry and synchronicity.
your favorite trip.
the retreat i led in mexico february 2012. life changing. shortly after my soul brother, steve bridges, who had been at the retreat died in his sleep. we became a family during that retreat and after he passed it became even MORE profound. his greatest wish in life was to have a family. he got one. right before he left this world.
what fulfills me?
- when I teach kids with special needs. when we om together. when I watch them move their bodies fearlessly.
- writing my blog. lately i have had people come to my retreats and my workshops all over the country because they have read my blog and felt connected to me. there is nothing that makes me feel more on purpose.
- speaking my truth, whatever that may be. lately it has been so fulfilling. for example, i recently wrote a post on how i had fallen out of love with my own yoga practice. it felt liberating to admit and it set me on a path to fall back in love. so yes, honesty fulfills me.
- connecting with like-minded people. i do not meet strangers anymore. everyone i meet is an old friend i simply hadn’t crossed paths with yet. those moments when i get a chill up my back and every ounce of me says ” yes yes!”
- listening to my mentor wayne dyer speak
- a great dinner with lots of wine and laughter and an impromptu dance party
waking up whatever time i like, reading a little, writing a little. having NOTHING to do and NOWHERE to be. a good cup of coffee. long nap. sunshine. a late afternoon movie and then watching the sunset with my husband and a damn good glass of wine.
your favorite words of wisdom.
if you knew who walked beside you on this path which you have chosen, you would never again experience fear nor doubt. first heard wayne dyer say it but i believe it comes from a ‘course in miracles.’
when do you feel most “you?”
when i am leading a manifestation workshop or retreat, when i am writing, when i am in NYC.
your favorite outfit.
jeans, black boots, vintage beaded jacket from 1940′s and smoky eyes. i never get to wear “real clothes” so it always confuses and excites me terribly.
what’s on your ipod?
beatles, jay-z, snow patrol, the national, tom petty, bon iver, cat stevens, elton john, dj drez, florence and the machine, bruce springsteen, biggie smalls.
five things you love.
words, red wine, laughter, aha moments, dance parties.
how you feel in one word today.